Indian Butter Chicken – Murg Makhani
Butter Chicken – Murg Makhani
Author: Bryan Bowers
Recipe type: Entrees
- 2 tablespoons garam masala
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 14 oz. cans diced tomatoes
- 2 15 oz. cans tomato sauce
- 3 lbs. chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¾ cup milk
- Steamed rice
- Naan bread
- Combine garam masala, ground ginger, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper into small bowl and stir until mixed well.
- Heat butter in large pan over medium heat. Add onions and cook 5 – 7 minutes until tender. Add seasoning mixture, garlic and cook for 1 minute stirring constantly. Add tomato paste, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, and chicken to pan. Bring to simmer, cover, and cook 10 – 12 minutes until chicken is done, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile combine yogurt, milk and whisk until well combined. Add to pan once chicken is done. Cook 2 – 3 minutes until heated.
- Spoon over cooked rice and serve with naan bread.
Like This Recipe? Get Our Cookbooks In Less Than 30 Seconds!