Kale and Cannellini Soup
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed and leaves chopped
- 2 15-oz cans cannellini beans (or 3 cups of cooked beans)
- 1 15-oz can diced tomatoes
- 6 white potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 8 cups water
- 6 cubes vegetable bouillon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a soup pot, you will need to heat the oil and add the garlic and onion.
- Cook until onion is soft.
- Add the kale and cook it until it is wilted.
- Then stir in the following: vegetable bouillon, potatoes, water, tomatoes, Italian seasoning, beans, and parsley.
- Allow soup to simmer for about 25 minutes.
- Salt and pepper your soup to your preference.
Nutrition (per serving): 640 calories, 56 calories from fat, 6.4g total fat, <1mg cholesterol, 194.3mg sodium, 3312.9mg potassium, 118.3g carbohydrates, 22.1g fiber, 5.4g sugar, 31.1g protein.
Recipe from the best-selling cookbook “25 Delicious and Nutritious Vegetarian Soup, Stew and Chili Recipes” by Shelley Lynne. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006Z1BP3E
Shelley Lynne is the best-selling author of series, “Ultimate Guide to Vegetarian Cooking.” And if, like Shelley, you are passionate about vegetarian cooking, join her vegetarian cooking community on Facebook where you can find new recipes, cooking tips and download a free cookbook titled, “40 Easy Vegetarian Recipes” at www.Facebook.com/VegetarianCooking101.
Like This Recipe? Get Our Cookbooks In Less Than 30 Seconds!