Lemon Orzo Chicken Vegetable Soup
With the change of the weather my thoughts and menu turns towards soups, stews, and chilies. This recipe is inspired by the lemon chicken soup served at Daphne’s Greek restaurants. A fragrant slice of sourdough bread would perfectly complete this meal.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 2 medium celery ribs, chopped
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1½ lbs. chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup orzo or another small pasta shape
- 1 cup thawed frozen peas
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add onion, carrots, celery, lemon juice and chicken broth to crock pot and cook on low for 3 hours.
- Add zucchini, orzo, peas, and chicken to pot. Cook for approximately 30 minutes until chicken is cooked.
- Add Parmesan, season with salt and pepper, and serve.
Like This Recipe? Get Our Cookbooks In Less Than 30 Seconds!