Moco Loco – Mainlander Style
Author: Bryan Bowers
Recipe type: Breakfast
This is my adaption of a Hawaiian dish found at almost every fast food restaurant. Typically served over rice I substituted biscuits instead.
- 1½ lb. hot pork sausage
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 4 eggs
- 8 biscuits (cooked according to directions)
- Add ½ lb. sausage to large pot over medium high heat and cook until browned approximately 5 – 8 minutes.
- Add flour and stir until combined. Add milk and cook 4 – 6 minutes until thickened. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Meanwhile divide remaining 1 lb. sausage into 4 equal patties. Create hole 2 – 3 inches in center of sausage and place on non-skillet pan. Heat over medium heat for 1 minute and then add egg to center of sausage. Cover and cook 5 minutes. Flip sausage and cook additional 5 minutes covered.
- Split biscuit in half, place sausage on top and spoon generous portion of sausage gravy over top. Serve
Like This Recipe? Get Our Cookbooks In Less Than 30 Seconds!