Savory Potato Pancakes With Avocado Lime Mash And Eggs
This morning I decided to try something new by making potato pancakes from scratch. The one thing I was surprised by as the amount of water that’s inside both potatoes and onions. Make sure you squeeze the water out well so that you don’t get oil splattering all over you and the stove.
- 1½ lbs. russet potatoes, shredded
- Yellow onion, shredded
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 avocados
- Juice ½ of lime
- 4 eggs, fried
- Rinse potatoes, and then grate over paper towels. Squeeze potatoes over sink to drain water. Add to large bowl.
- Cut onion in half and shred over paper towels. Squeeze onions over sink to drain water. Add to bowl with potatoes. Add garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper and mix well. Form into four pancakes.
- Heat two tablespoons olive oil in large frying pan over medium heat, add pancakes. Cover, and cook 6 – 7 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon oil, flip pancakes, cover and cook 6 – 7 minutes more. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, scoop flesh from avocado into bowl, add lime juice, and season with salt and pepper. Mash until desired consistency.
- Add pancake to plate, cover with avocado mash, top with egg, and serve.
Like This Recipe? Get Our Cookbooks In Less Than 30 Seconds!