Slow Roasted Meatballs In Tomato Pepper Sauce – Slow Cooker
Slow Roasted Meatballs In Tomato Pepper Sauce
Author: Bryan Bowers
Recipe type: Entrees
The delectable meatballs in this dish go perfectly with rice or orzo covered with the sauce.
- Large onion, chopped
- 2 bell pepper, chopped
- 28 oz. can San Marzano crushed tomatoes
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ¾ cup bread crumbs
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon marjoram
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- In large bowl combine onion, peppers, tomatoes, cayenne pepper, bay leaf and 1 teaspoon of salt. Add half of mixture to slow cooker.
- In large bowl add beef, parsley, bread crumbs, garlic, egg, cumin, marjoram, 1 teaspoon salt, and pepper. Use your hands to mix well, form 2 inch balls and add to slow cooker. Pour remaining tomato mixture over top of meatballs.
- Cook on low heat 4½ to 5 hours. Serve over rice or orzo.
Like This Recipe? Get Our Cookbooks In Less Than 30 Seconds!