Spicy Shredded Beef – Copycat of Barbacoa From Chipotle
Spicy Shredded Beef – Barbacoa
Author: Bryan Bowers
Recipe type: Entrees
- Onion, chopped
- Cilantro bunch, chopped
- 8 – 10 garlic cloves, smashed
- 5 whole cloves
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Juice from 4 limes
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 5 – 6 chipotle peppers, broken up, from can plus adobo sauce
- 5 bay leaves
- 5 – 6 pounds beef brisket
- Add all ingredients except beef to slow cooker and stir well. Cut beef into 4 – 8 smaller pieces, and add to slow cooker. Cook on high for 4 hours.
- Remove beef to plate, shred with fork, and return to slow cooker. Cook additional 3 – 4 hours on low heat, serve.
Like This Recipe? Get Our Cookbooks In Less Than 30 Seconds!